Published: July 18, 2022
First impressions are everything; for many brands, a logo is a potential customer’s first introduction to their business. A logo represents your brand, the people you serve and sets the tone for what customers can expect from your business.
What defines a logo?
In its simplest form, a logo is a brand identifier that represents your company. A logo can start as a word, a letter, an icon, an illustration or even an image. Oftentimes a logo can be a combination of these elements. In our opinion, the most memorable logos are clean, simple and easy to recognize. Here are some logos that meet that criteria.
Why is it important to have a good logo?
A logo is the first step in building your business’ brand identity. It sets the parameters for your brand guidelines, tone, colors, typography, content and story, so it’s imperative to take the time to get it right. The goal is to create a logo that stands out from competitors and is memorable to customers. A unique and identifiable logo helps build brand loyalty and customer retention. The more your logo reflects the caliber of your business, the more value customers will associate with your logo. It’s important to remember that your customers will correlate their level of trust and expectation of quality and service from your business with your logo. With all that in mind, it is easy to see why creating or redesigning a logo is an essential (though sometimes challenging) task. These brands have great logos and great reputations.
Quick tips for drafting a logo
- Garner inspiration from brands you love, websites you follow, competitors from the same market or industry or even a quick Google search for terms or services used in your line of business.
- Create a brand vision board with your inspirations and include any colors, typography or graphic elements you want to feature in your design.
- As you are drafting, don’t just focus on logo design but keep in mind you are creating a brand identity that will impact your entire business.
- Make sure your design is modern, memorable and easy to recognize.
- Create multiple variations of the same logo using different colored backgrounds and different sizes to accommodate for accessibility.
- Keep the logo colors, fonts and design elements minimal for an optimal viewing experience across multiple devices.
Creating something that represents your entire business is daunting. The truth is, customers do “judge a book by its cover,” so that is why it is crucial to have a great logo. Need help creating a logo or developing your brand identity? Let’s chat!